Deltatrax offers a fully recognised and accredited National Diploma in Plant Production (NQF 5).
The purpose of this qualification is to allow Junior Farm Managers to progress towards a Farm Manager position with specific reference to Plant Production. The contexualised purpose and usage of the qualification is as follows:
- A learner assessed against this qualification will have the necessary competence to monitor, implement, co-ordinate, plan, control and provide leadership regarding the agricultural processes as applicable to Plant production in a variety of Plant Production processes taking responsibility for the nature, quality and quantity of outputs.
- The Learner will be able to take complete responsibility for her/his own actions and also take responsibility for the achievements of groups within a Plant Production context.
- Competency will be gained in any of the specialized sub-fields of Plant Production as specified under Areas Of Specialization (i.e. Vegetables, Fruit Production, Hydroponics, etc.) with a strong focus on management.
- The learner will be able to take responsible decisions within a wide range of familiar and un-familiar contexts based on a sound understanding of the basic principles of agri-business and good agricultural practices, in meeting the set objectives and targets within the broader farm plan which includes the economical application of general resources, agricultural production and technical knowledge and skills, all in an Plant Production context.
- The Learner will be able to select from a wide range of standard and non-standard procedures in Plant Production and will be able to ensure the relevant safety, quality, hygiene and technical standards as applicable within the industry.
- In addition to the above, the learner will be well positioned to extend learning and practice into other sub-fields such as Plant Production and Mixed Farming, since such efforts will only require additional learning within the elective scope of other qualifications at this level.
- The learner will be well positioned to progress towards higher levels of Management and Technical production practices as defined by qualifications at the next level.
- Learners will be enabled to actively participate in the Primary Agricultural Sector through the production of quality agricultural products, enhancing the overall agricultural process and gain opportunities to access local, national and international agricultural markets.
- This qualification will allow qualifying learners to become economically active in farming practices that will have a direct impact on Local Economic Development through the production of food, the improvement of household food security and access to mainstream agriculture.
- Finally, Learners will be able to guide and direct project teams in terms of the planning, implementation and control of development projects within a Plant Production context.
Method of delivery:
- Distance Learning
How Can We Help You?
With 30 years of experience we make sure that your training requirements are met.